- Frame in AISI 304/316 stainless steel, depending on requirements
- Shaftless spiral in high tensile carbon steel or AISI 304/316, depending on requirements
- Tank structure designed to prevent clogging. The base of the tank is equipped with wear bars made of stainless steel on which the screw rests. The construction system allows for easy replacement
- Inlet flow rate: 540 m³/h max (150 l/sec.)
- Separation: >= 90% of particles sized >= 0.2 mm (at nominal flow rate)
- Grit discharge chute
- Screw conveyor to transport the grit to the discharge port
- Screw speed variator
- Extracted grit bagging unit: in single bags or continuous liner
- The machine can be made of stainless steel of the required type
- Air blower
- Municipal water treatment plants: as a grit separator/classifier after the screening stage
- Industrial plants with the requirement to separate and/or dewater grit
- Shaftless spiral
- No supports
- Reduced rotation speed
- Reduced installation cost
Description and operation
In Definitive Ecology’s SCTR.DEG grit / F.O.G. (Fat, Oil & Grease) separator the grit slurry is transferred to a tank in which the solid particles are settled.
A special aeration system optimises the settling process and promotes the separation of organic matter.
A horizontal screw transports the grit to an accumulation pit, where it is removed from the water by an inclined screw conveyor.
During transport the grit is dewatered before reaching the discharge port.
- SCTR.DEG = for grit classification, washing, and wastewater F.O.G. separation