- Frame in AISI 304/316 stainless steel, depending on requirements
- Shaftless spiral in high tensile carbon steel or AISI 304/316, depending on requirements
- Flow rate up to 1000 m³/h (278 l/sec.)
- Screen aperture from 2 to 10 mm (perforated plate)
- Screen spacing from 0.25 to 5 mm (self-cleaning wedge wire)
- Screen width from 200 mm to 700 mm
- Maximum inclination angle 45°
Extracted solids volume reduction of up to 40%
Screenings washing system to reduce organic matter contents
Insulation and heating for installation in very cold climates
Manually cleaned bypass screen (in-tank model only)
Extracted solids collection system: in single bags or continuous liner
Starting from standard dimensions, the machine can be supplied in customized lengths in relation to the screening section, conveyor section and the tank, to allow rotation of the screen, for simplified cleaning and maintenance purposes
- At the plant inlet, typical spacing of 5 mm
- As a fine screening stage, after coarse screening, with 2 mm screen apertures or less in self-cleaning wedge wire
- Tanneries: at discharge
- Cannery industry
- Fish processing: at discharge
- Paper mills, for removal of: plastic, fibres, etc.
- Airport services for aircraft vacuum toilet waste disposal
- Motorway services
- Slaughterhouses: cattle, pigs and poultry
- Dairy plants
- Beverage production in general
- Textile industries
- Mountain refuge facilities
- Holiday villages
- Chemicals industry
- Cattle farms
- Low investment profile
- Reduced maintenance due to the absence of screw end bearings and intermediate hangers
- No mechanical components in contact with the product
- Reduced rotation speed
- Shaftless spiral: no risk of jamming and/or clogging, even when handling fibrous products
- Extracted solids volume reduction of up to 40% and more, depending on the product (models with compaction only)
Description and operation
The Definitive Ecology screw screen for in-channel or in-tank installation is a machine composed of a perforated plate screen and/or self-cleaning wedge wire with spacing from 0.25 mm to 10 mm, and a screw conveyor to lift the solids separated from the wastewater and transport them to the compacting basket. The machine can be combined with a compactor module to dewater the solids, reducing the volume by up to 40%, depending on the type of solid contents.
Optional washing stages can be combined in the screening and conveying zones to reduce the contents of organic matter in the screenings.
In screen models with compaction, washing of the screened material is supplied as standard and the resulting effluent is discharged downstream of the screen.
The operating principle envisages that, on the passage of wastewater through the screen, solids of dimensions greater than the required aperture / spacing are intercepted, thus binding the screen and causing a rise in the liquid level in the channel or tank, depending on the type of plant chosen.
Once a pre-determined level is reached upstream from the screen, the screenings screw conveyor is started.
Brushes, installed on the outer edges of the spiral, make it possible to clean the screen and hence restore the passage of wastewater through the screen, consequently lowering the water level in the channel or tank until reaching the minimum level probe which will stop the screw.
- SF = screw screen for in-channel installation, without compaction
- SCF = screw screen for in-channel installation, with compaction
- SF/T = screw screen for in-tank installation, without compaction
- SFC/T = screw screen for in-tank installation, with compaction
MODELS FOR SPECIAL APPLICATIONS
- SFHC = high capacity screw screen for in-channel installation
- SFP = screw screen for in-channel installation for the recovery of feathers in poultry slaughter facilities
- SFHC/T = high capacity screw screen for in-tank installation
- SFPT = screw screen for in-tank installation for the recovery of feathers in poultry slaughter facilities